I don't know how it happened because I never saw a commercial or clipped a coupon for it. I never drove past it. I never heard anyone raving about it. But somehow I decided I had to go to Chick-fil-A.For the better part of my life, I've been a big chicken fan. I don't know if it was a gristly chicken nugget or an overpriced, over-breaded, over-mayonnaised sandwich that pushed me over the edge but one day, at the tender age of 25, I decided to try a cheeseburger instead of my old chicken standby. OK... the burger was from Culver's (I've still never had one from McDonald's or anywhere like that) but the point is that I had grown so tired of chicken that I gave up on it. Until Chick-fil-A.
This chicken sandwich, though humble in appearance, is probably the best I've ever eaten. It's perfectly seasoned, piping hot and spectacularly juicy. The breading is crispy and buttery yet light. There's no crunch, just chicken. The chicken is served up with waffle fries, also formerly on my list of "don't wanna eat"s. They always look good, but never are. Chick-fil-A's waffle fries aren't crusty or greasy -- they won't shred your gums like the extra crispies at Uptown Diner or lie limp and soggy on your plate like those at Augsburg College's cafeteria. These waffles are cooked to golden, fluffy pillow-like perfection.
As if it couldn't get any better, Chick-fil-A offers free refills on fresh squeezed lemonade that actually tastes good and they feature an ultra-fancy sauce selection. You can get polynesian sauce, honey bbq sauce, Chick-fil-A secret mayonnaise-type sauce, several kinds of mustard, and a ranch that almost tastes as good as Hidden Valley. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with these sauces but I like that they're there. Just in case.
2 comments:
I think there's a rap song with a lyric of "Chick-fil-A" that's the extent of my knowledge on the restaurant.
I love Chick-fil-A" too...now, I am upset b/c I won't be able to have any for another year and a half...
Post a Comment